Pulmonary embolism long term effects

I still have shortness of breath, chest pain, leg pains and very tired.It is very difficult to find people to understand or know what we have gone though so I am glad when someone like you shares their story here because you just never know who it will be able to help.Many people ask about alternative treatments so that is something I would love to discuss in the future.I went to my new and stressful job just about a month after my PE, and I was in no way ready to go back at all.In answer to your question, I do get pains in my calf once in awhile for no apparent reason and attribute it to residual pain from the clot.On a side note, I often wonder how long it would take someone to pass from a PE if left undetected.

I was admitted, placed on heparin, discharged 6 days later on lovenox and Coumadin.I do hope there are some ways for you to reduce stress — nutrition, getting enough sleep, quiet time and calming activities, having your family take on more responsibilities for meals, the house, taking care of each other.

They are handy to have, but I would just rely on that measure.My solution is to get outside in the sunshine and get moving.In one study, the anterior ischemic pattern was shown to correlate with.I cannot, cannot describe to fellow runners who have not been through this that this is nothing like a) the wall b) coming back from a running injury or c) overdoing it.There is no recovery from the pain, and I even it gets worst day by day.Long story short listen to your body and be your own patient advocate because no one knows your body like you do.I consulted with a pulmonologist on my own and he felt that I was doing exactly what he would have prescribed.

For me, it took 9 months before I could exercise at the level I was before the PE.I soon worked out I could only mildly exercise every 2nd day or I was wasted.I often feel movements in my legs, the ultrasound showed small dvt in my right lower leg.As you may have read, I was found to have antiphospholipid syndrome, which is an autoimmune condition, and will be on lifelong blood thinners.Thank you for your kind words about the site and the people here.I know it might not be much consolation given what we have all been through, but I am glad you are here.I still feel that I battle extreme fatigue from time to time nearly two years out.I have yet to get back into running because so much has changed for me and my body.I do enjoy ending the day with the cycling while watching fascinating TED talks.

But the actual cause of the PE I am certain was the extreme heavy metal toxicity.I had a parasitic infection, which I think triggered the first DVT.

When I was under stress my body decided to shut down higher functions like speech and memory as a survival mechanism.I will be on warfarin for six months, and my INR is taking a long time to stabilise so am getting weekly blood tests.The breathlessness and exhaustion is the worst thing I have ever experienced.I hope this note finds you continuing on in your recovery and feeling better with each passing day.What has helped me is being able to read the experiences of others at this site.If I had a car I would go else where just to get answer every appointment I have I have to bus and if you look like crap as I do at the moment people stare at you on the bus.I was told they had to dumb it down for a fourth grade reading level.I personally like the idea of channeling the fear into doing something positive and constructive.I had a post-op appointment 4 days later and I told my surgeon the antibiotic was not helping, she asked me to stick around for a CT Scan.

I have no knowledge of how much pressure my heart is running or what kind of damage I have sustained, but I never received a clot buster.On Tuesday October 29 I went to hot yoga and thought this is the hardest thing I have ever done.The biggest challenge for me is trying to differentiate symptoms from medication side effects.

Rob, in ER at the time the doctors had me freaked out regarding my clot extending.There were a LOT of clots. 70% of my pulmonary arteries had clots in them, and it was believed that these had accumulated over years. (Which is especially frustrating since I had gone to the Emergency Room 9 times for shortness of breath in that time, but was never given a CT scan and thus went undiagnosed.) I have since had another CT scan and all of my clots are gone.No matter what shape your body is in it has still gone through a tremendous level of stress.I was told that the blood clots in my lungs will always be there but will shrink.

Be sure to follow-up with your doctor or emergency room if, at any time, you question what you are feeling to rule out a recurrent clot.I was considered young for a knee replacement (39 years old) so I really never expected any complications.So believing there was a second clot, I was put on Xarelto at 20mg a day.